Monday, 1 November 2021

MAWTT - Challenge 136 for November

 

                                                                        Hello Everyone...

Its time for the new monthly challenge over at 
"Moving Along With The Times" 

The theme of our Challenge this month is 
ANYTHING BUT A CARD

Last year when we were all in lock-down, to help me relax and pass the time, I spent a lot of my time crafting using my water colour paints to try and practice all the different techniques.  As a beginner painter, there is so much to learn.

 Benjamin, my son, asked me to water colour a picture for him and turn it into his birthday card... so as you will be able to guess; his favourite fruit is watermelon... he eats so much its a wonder he doesn't look like one.   And, yes, I'm biased, but he is wonderful and definitely 'one in a million, or melon'  :o)   He also said I had to sign it like a professional artists too, which both had us laughing.

He was made up with his birthday card and its been sat on one of his bedroom units ever since, so I decided to frame it for him for a surprise, and again, he was made up with it.



Items used...
Slice of Watermelon:  Hand painted
Water colour paints:  Windsor & Newton
Water colour paper: Bockingford
Red card: Paper Mill Direct
Sentiment hand written
Grey Frame: The Range

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges... 
Creative Knockouts: Anything goes
Crafty Catz: Anything goes
Allsorts: Add a sentiment



Don't forget to pop over to "Moving Along With the Times" for more details about the challenge and whilst you are there, take a look at the cards the rest of the design team ladies have made for this challenge...  they are gorgeous.


Thanks for popping over to see my card. 
I always appreciate your visits and reading your kind comments.

Hope you will join in our challenge
Looking forward to seeing your creation.

Have a great day.


9 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Diane,
you are so talented and what a great water colour creation.
Such a lovely present for your Son and the sentiment is brilliant.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Mervi said...

Lovely and sweet card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Wendy L said...

This I fab Diane and thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Diane, oh this is lovely and the signature is a must xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A brilliant sentiment for this image and fun card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

NanaConnie said...

What a fabulous thing to do for your son, Diane. I know he loves it. :-D Terrific painting! I just want to say Thank You for playing in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Creative Knockouts this week. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

NickScrapShack said...

Wonderful CAS design! These appreciation cards are so good to have. Love to send them to show people how much I like them. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick DT

Zoe Tant said...

Oh I do like this. Love the watercoloring. Hope all good with you. Zoe x

Michelle B. said...

Yum, I agree with Benjamin - watermelon is the best! What a perfect birthday card and love how you framed it xx So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!