Hello and welcome to my Blog...
Oh I did enjoy making my card today.... I was given the wedding invitation below for my ideas for the wedding card... and I am not guilty of the staining the invitation with coffee, that's my friends accident hahahaha.
As you can see from the invitation, the lovely couple are holding a garden party to celebrate their marriage, this inspired me to use this theme for their card, and of course the card had to come complete with hanging sign on the fence :o)
The invitation also inspired me to use the jade colour for the wedding dress, morning suite, the large blossom and the gorgeous shiny pearl beads.
Luckily when I looked through all my Marianne dies
I came across a bird die that matched exactly the bird on the invitation.
... and I thought a piece of lace would represent the faux stitching on the invitation.
I'm so pleased with how my card turned out
and even more pleased that my friend absolutely loved it
- she now can't wait to hand it to the happy couple.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:and even more pleased that my friend absolutely loved it
- she now can't wait to hand it to the happy couple.
Polka Doodles No20: Wedding Card with a Difference. Something old is the embroidery thread which I've used on the hanging sign, I've had this thread for about 4yrs in my sewing box, Something new is my corner die, Something borrowed is the heart die (thanks Anne for lending it to me) and Something blue is the blue backing paper.
Willow Sketchie: Use their sketch and/or 3 designer papers (I used just the 3 papers this time)
Digi Designs: Bling it on (shiny pearls)
One Stop Crafts 183: Spring Wedding/Anniversary
Stamptacular No164: In the Garden
Thanks for popping over to see my wedding card.
I always appreciate your visits and kind comments.
Have a great week.
Love Diane xx
Recipe:
The Happy Couple Stamp
Stamp Coloured using: Promarker pens
Floral backing paper: Digital Download, cant remember where from, sorry.
Blue patterned paper: Digital Download from Pink Petticoat
Plain blue paper: Digital Download from Pink Petticoat
Ivy Die: Marianne Creatables
Bird Dies: Marianne Creatables
Fence Die: Marianne Creatables
Bird House Die: Marianne Creatables
Heart Die: Nestibilities
Fancy Corner Die: Memory Box
Embroidery Thread: From my Stash
Pearls: From an Ebay Shop
Lace: From my Stash
Large Blossom: Dove Craft
Small Blossom: Papermania (I think)
16 comments:
Gorgeous Diane, love the image and all the little details.
Hugs
Caz x
such a beautiful card - gorgeous image. Love all the dies
Many thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
Hugs
Doreen
So beautiful.Lovely idea taking inspiration from the invite.It adds a really personal touch.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x
This is beautifully done, love the image :) thanks for joining us at Polka doodles this week, Nelly x
HI Diane
Can you email me about your DT application over at Pennys challenge blog as I could not find an email address for you Thanks Julie
juliebjenner@btinternet.com
This is beautiful Diane, how clever to take your inspiration from the invitation. Your image is fab and you have added just the right amount of colour. Gorgeous papers and embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
Pauline
x
What a fantastic wedding card, Diane - so pretty and perfect for our challenge. Thanx for joining us at Polkadoodles. Jan xx
Oh WOW the happy couple will love this, its so personal to them, I love the colours you have used too they are ace. Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week, Love Hazelxo
What a great card! I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday.
Hugs,
Heleen
this is such an excellent card!
love it!
hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo
Beautiful card hun, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles..
Shell xx
What a fabulous Wedding project! Thanks so much for playing along at Polka Doodles this challenge! Cheers Claire x
A very pretty card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge
This is gorgeous. It's the second time today that I've seen this image and I'm feeling a little purchase coming on!!!
Thanks for joining our Wedding challenge over at Polka Doodles. Good luck.
Claire x
So very pretty! Love all of the white accents!
Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis!
Hugs, Kelly
oh so delicate I love this thanks for joining us at Di's Digi's hugs Jess
Post a Comment