Wednesday, 1 February 2023

Moving Along With The Times - Challenge 151 for February


Hello Everyone...
Its time for the new monthly challenge over at

The theme of our Challenge this month is a lovely and easy one... NUMBERS

I have made 2 cards for the challenge, 
please scroll further down my post for my 2nd card.

My first card was made for Kathryn who recently celebrated her 50th birthday and I wanted to make her a special card using this fabulous die set from Tonic... it did take me a while to die cut all the items, but once cut, the card came together quite quickly.   I decided to leave most of the die cuts cream and just highlighted certain die cuts with pink ink, which I think makes them pop.


A different view of my card...


A side view showing the easels...


Items used...
Easel die set: Tonic Studios
Set includes all circle, flowers, leaves, words (Enjoy Your Birthday) and butterflies dies
Number and Alphabet dies: Crafters Companion
Ink: Tim Holtz
Pearls: From my stash
Cream card stock: Crafters Companion


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges...

Cardz 4 Galz: Shaped card
Creative Knockouts: Celebrations
Paper Funday: AG option lots of layers




Here is my second card for the challenge...

A 21st birthday card for Michael.   Instead of colouring the numbers, I decided to paper piece them as I have a large box of scrap designer papers that I need to use.  A very easy card to create.


Items used...
21st stamp: Woodware
Birthday wishes sentiment: Woodware
Linen effect cardstock: Crafters Companion
All designer papers: From my scraps box
Star embellishments: From my stash

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges...
Crafty Catz: AG option 3 fav colours [brown, green, orange]
All Sorts: Boys or Men


Don't forget to pop over to "Moving Along With the Times" for more details about the challenge and whilst you are there, take a look at the cards the rest of the design team ladies have made for this challenge... they are gorgeous.

Thanks for popping over to see my card.
I always appreciate your visits and reading your kind comments.
Hope you will join in our challenge.
Looking forward to seeing your creation.
Have a great day.



15 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Diane,
thank you for the fab theme this month.
Oh my word your cards are wonderfully created and so stunning.
Absolutely love the love that stunning easel card and the colours and elements used are gorgeous.
Such very pretty flowers and butterflies too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carole said...

Kathryn's card is definitely special, it's beautiful.
The 21st card is super & ideal for a man.
Happy crafting Carole xx

Ellibelle said...

Such great designs on both! Good idea to paper piece the numbers on the second card! Great to see you sharing with us at Allsorts challenge too! Thanks for linking up!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

brenda said...

A perfect card for a special masculine Birthday, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Pauline C said...

2 gorgeous special birthday cards - love them both. The paper piecing on the male card is really effective - thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge for our "Boys/Men" challenge this week
Pauline xx

Linby said...

A great contemporary 21st card and the paper piecing is a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Your easel cards are also so pretty.

Johanna said...

Wow - this is quite the card and is perfect for our shaped card challenge at Cardz4galz. You have put a lot of effort into this creation and it shows. I love the softness of the pink over the cream card stock. Thanks for participating and I hope we see more of your creations soon. Johanna DT at cardz4galz

Becca Sadler said...

Diane Louise: Thanks for linking your 1st card to MTTC's numbers theme! That's fabulous that another challenge blog has the same topic! :) Both cards have unique layouts and I'm sure the receivers are very appreciative of your time and talents that you spent on their cards! --Becca/DT

Lynda said...

Oh my goodness - what a fabulous creation - like a tiered cake. Great colour scheme - love the cream with pops of pink - well done. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Ellibelle said...

So wonderful to see you linked these beauties up at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this week. Absolutely LOVING that gorgeous easel type card! Thank you for sharing!!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card! I love the little pops of pink that you added to the cream. The triple easel is amazing and adds so much dimension. Stunning! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

Wendy L said...

How wonderful is your 1st card, so intricate, xxx

Donna Walls said...

The soft color palette and round shapes are brilliant. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Beautifully designed cards Diane Louise. Thanks for joining in our challenge this month at Creative Inspirations and good luck Jayne DT

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your friend is so lucky. What a fabulous card
Cheers, Dr Sonia