Saturday, 26 June 2010

Cute Dog as Father Christmas

Hello Everyone....

The sun is cracking the flags, I have my fan on to help me cool down and I have been sat at my desk making a Christmas card, complete with snowflakes, just seems sooooo wrong (ha, ha)



 
Like some other Christmas cards I have made recently, this one took me a while to complete.  Out came my light box and brass stencil and I also did some sewing by hand, but please don't look too closely as its very wonky !!!  I cut all the dog images out and layered up using silicone glue.  I used chalks to colour in the holly leaves and berrys as I thought the embossed card needed a bit of colour.  The card stock is lovely as well - it has 'Seasons Greetings printed in gold all around the outside edge of the card.  Overall I had a relaxing time making this Christmas card.

I am going to enter my card into the following challenges:

My Time To Craft No 96 - Yuletide In June
Cute Card Thursday No118 - Reuse, Renew, Recycle (I used a piece of white card that came in the packaging of a new shirt) 
Bah Humbug No24- Father Christmas (the little dog is dressed up as Father Christmas)
Christmas Stampin' No55 - Stitch It Up
Crafty Ann's No17 - Embossing
All Sorts - Embossing 
Tuesday Throwdown No5 - Dry Embossing

Thanks very much for looking at my card.
Love Diane xx

Recipe:
  • Dog 3D Image: QVC TSV kit
  • Brass Stencil: QVC TSV kit
  • Card Stock: Lakeland
  • Chalks: Papermania
  • Gold Border Stickers: Anitas

11 comments:

Kirsten...x said...

Wow christmas card already you are good, love the embossing on this card and the little dog is so cute...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Chrissie said...

Lovely card, the embossing is just gorgeous!
Thanks so much for joining us at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Ann Whitfield said...

It'll be a lucky person who receives this one Diane! It's gorgeous and I think you added just the right amount of colour too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Irene said...

Hello Diane

What a stunning card, I love your embossing it's fantastic. The embossing is subtle and contrasts perfectly with the darker colours of the image and base card.

Thank you for joining in with our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!

irene
xxxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Gorgeous card. That TSV kit was what got me started with cardmaking, many moons ago!!
Debs xx

Annie said...

A lovely card - oh my that embossing and stitching must have took you ages. Whoever receives this is just so lucky.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Jo said...

I agree Christmas cards when the sun is shinning is very wrong lol but you did a great job. Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o)

Debs said...

Such a cute image - great embossing too. Thanka for playing along at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Kim said...

So cute. I love the embossing you and stitching you did. It's beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Max said...

What a cute doggy Santa - bet he's popular amongst all his canine friends especially if he delivers all the doggy treats LOL! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, Diane, your card is stinkin' adorable. That dog is such a cutie!! I love all your cards. . they're so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us again at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!

Maria